I have a non-US address. Can I obtain an EIN over the phone?

This article assumes your startup is incorporated in Delaware.

Unfortunately, no. The IRS only allows you to apply for an EIN by phone if your startup was incorporated outside of the U.S., regardless of where you or your startup are actually located. This means Delaware corporations, including those incorporated on Clerky, aren't eligible to apply by phone, even if the founder or startup is located outside the U.S.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us