What if my company's address changes?

A company should always keep its address current with its registered agent. To contact your registered agent, see Who is my company's registered agent?


Delaware simply requires a company to keep its address current with its Delaware registered agent. Each year, the company will also provide its current address when filing its Delaware annual report, which is due by March 1st.


A Delaware corporation qualified to do business in California must file a Statement of Information on Form SI-550 to update its address with the California Secretary of State.

Online filing is available here. Simply search for the company’s name, select it from the results and then click on the “Continue Filing” button. Be sure to list the correct corporate registered agent (see above).

Note: If you recently filed a Statement of Information online, the "Continue Filing" button will not be available and you must instead file a physical copy of the "Statement of Information - Stock" form, which is available from the Forms section of the California Secretary of State web site.


For your convenience, we have also compiled the following list of additional parties you may want to update with your new address:

  • IRS
  • State and local tax authorities
  • USPS
  • UPS and Fedex
  • Banks
  • Credit / debit card billing addresses
  • Accountant
  • Payroll company
  • Insurance companies
  • USCIS (for visas)
  • Counterparties to agreements that allow for notices to be sent by mail

You may also find this additional list helpful.

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us